A great way to bump up our happiness levels is to get in the habit of regularly writing down what we’re grateful for. So, I’d love to start a Friday tradition of writing about 5 things that made or make me grateful. But first, a few links that caught my eye this week:
- Seems like a lost opportunity
- Understand the universe in 3 minutes
- Have you seen the statue that perfectly captures mansplaining?
- You are at the wheel
- I will never look at eggs the same way again
- A great idea for making plans with friends
- Just a few hours left to win $1000 on home décor
- I’ll be trying this this weekend
1. I’m grateful that our ultrasound yesterday showed that the baby is doing well. A couple of possible complications spotted early on have resolved themselves. It’s a good reminder that sometimes all we need is a little time.
2. I’m grateful to have such thoughtful and sweet coworkers, who surprised me yesterday with a cute card and generous gift for our new baby.
3. I’m grateful that I got to catch up with my best friends from growing up this past week in Boulder, while celebrating the marriage of one of them to a great guy.
4. I’m grateful that my mom, sister, and oldest niece are coming out to visit for a long weekend in late June.
5. I’m grateful that I have a good friend who just moved two blocks away; it’s so nice to have someone who can just drop by, or who we can easily catch up with on weeknights.
Side note: it’s interesting to observe that 4 of the items on this week’s list are possible because of the people in my life!
(Photo credit: Flickr user freeparking :-|)